How do I know if I have hearing loss?
Hearing problems usually appear progressively or sometimes appear without warning, in both cases knowing how to identify the main symptoms and react as soon as possible is key so that hearing loss does not negatively affect our family, social and professional life.
Some of the most common and easily recognized symptoms of hearing loss are:
- The need to constantly repeat part of the conversation. This usually happens in most cases, when we are in a noisy environment or in group conversations.
- Listen to the radio or television at very high volumes. People who live with people who have hearing loss always complain especially about this point.
- Very difficult to maintain a telephone conversation.
- We have a hard time concentrating much more besides forgetfulness and lack of productivity at work.
- Our ability to react and alert to danger is quite diminished.
- We are more predisposed to social isolation, we avoid meetings and we feel more depressed, irritable and frustrated.
Although it may sound incredible in the times we live in, there is still a sense of social stigma and shame in acknowledging that we suffer from hearing loss.
Many people, out of shame or because they refuse to accept the hearing problem, do not put any type of remedy to this degenerative condition that negatively affects our life and our health in a direct way.
For this reason, it is crucial to detect the problem and find an effective solution, which in most cases is hearing aids.
6 reasons to wear hearing aids
1. Our family and social relationships will improve and therefore we will not tend to be isolated, depressed or angry.
2. Hearing aids are becoming smaller and more sophisticated, with a discreet design and a range of colors to choose from.
3. Hearing aids increasingly have cutting-edge technology, with direct connectivity to our Smartphone to control volume and program changes directly, to be able to answer calls or the radio.
4. The chances of being able to adjust to wearing hearing aids are greater the sooner you take the step of visiting a hearing center.
5. With the use of hearing aids we improve our understanding in noisy environments or group conversations.
6. They will give us a sense of security by knowing what is happening around us